Social activism and intersectionality are key to MEDUSA, which is why we’re fundraising for The Black Curriculum and their vitally important work. TBC is a social enterprise that confronts the lack of Black history in the UK curriculum. The organisation enacts social change by “delivering arts focused Black history programmes, providing teacher training and campaigning through mobilising young people”. At MEDUSA, we believe that the present racial bias within the curriculum has long-lasting and wide-ranging harmful ramifications; the work of TBC is therefore essential in ensuring all young people are afforded a sense of belonging and creating better-informed future generations.
There are three artworks up for grabs – you just need to email us a screenshot proving you have donated to The Black Curriculum. See the ‘How To Enter’ graphic for more details.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Donate to The Black Curriculum (suggested minimum donation £5).
- Screenshot and send your donation confirmation (or forward your confirmation email) to us at email@example.com.
- We’ll be drawing three winners’ names on the evening of Sunday 6th September.
- The charity raffle will be open from noon (12pm) on Monday 31st August to noon (12pm) on Sunday 6th September 2020.
- 3 winners will be randomly chosen on the evening of Sunday 6th September 2020. Once we get in contact with you, you will have 48 hours to reply with a delivery address. Prizes will then be posted in the coming days.
- The winners of Eden’s artworks can choose one of the four drawings shown in her photo. If both winners want the same artwork, whoever responds first takes priority.
- Please note that these are handcrafted artworks and may have imperfections.